POV: Power Breakfast

Power Breakfast for Apr. 6, 2016

Solar to grow by 521 percent in Mexico; World’s largest lithium NMC oxide battery system deployed in South Korea


POV: Power Breakfast

A nearly daily update of energy-related news:

  • During Mexico’s first-ever power auction, 11 PV projects were awarded contracts worth four million MWhs per year (translating to 1,860 MWs of capacity). Out of a total 5.38 million MWhs of energy awarded at the auction, PV won 74 percent with wind winning the other 26 percent. Solar in Mexico is now set to grow by 521 percent during this year.
  • The world’s largest lithium-nickel-manganese-cobalt (NMC) oxide battery system has been deployed in South Korea due to a growing demand for grid-scale storage in the country. The 24 MW, 9 MWh system was installed in January of this year. The South Korean energy storage market has been growing of a rate of approximately 200 percent annually for the past three years.
More Pov

 

TCEH Corp., Parent Company for Luminant and TXU Energy, Emerges from Chapter 11 as a Competitive, Well-Capitalized Company






News Release   TCEH Corp., Parent Company for Luminant and TXU Energy, Emerges from Chapter 11 as a Competitive, Well-Capitalized Company     *** Energy Industry Veteran Curt Morgan Formally Named CEO   *** Restructuring Eliminates More Than $33 Billion in Debt   *** Benefits from Low Leverage Relative to Peer Group   *** Company […]

Job One Profiles: Razen Thomas






Razen Thomas is proud to be Powering Texas and proud of the hard work and innovation that she sees from her colleagues every day at Oak Grove Power Plant. As support manager, Razen makes sure everyone has the tools, equipment and processes to do their jobs safely and effectively. Watch this month’s Job One Profile […]

A Soaring Success






An abundance of wildlife, including numerous bald eagles, call Luminant’s sites and reclaimed land home. When Liberty Mine’s resident bald eagle pair returns this fall, they’ll find a few home renovations – most notably, a new nest location. The eagles’ nest was recently moved away from mining activities to a new location on company property […]