We’re proud to announce that our 2015 Season of Giving campaign ended on a high note. We not only met our campaign goals but exceeded them, volunteering more than 1,000 hours and raising more than $2 million!
Highlights of the 2015 Season of Giving included:
- We donated 180 gifts to children with the Community Partners of Dallas, a nonprofit dedicated to ensuring the safety of abused and neglected children served by the Dallas County Protective Services. We also volunteered with this organization by sorting toys at their warehouse.
- Luminant’s Three Oaks Mine employees contributed gifts for children in need to the Elgin Police Department’s Blue Santa program.
- The TXU Energy Green Team collected nearly 140 cell phones to donate to local police stations and women’s shelters for emergency purposes.
- Our employees set up holiday decorations, game rooms and kids’ lounges for Snowball Express, an organization that serves the families of fallen military heroes.
- The Luminant Academy and Gas Plant Operation teams brought the holidays to residents of the Brookdale Assisted Living Center in Waxahachie.
- TXU Energy’s Women’s Information Network inspired young women at Girls Inc. by showing how business technology, data and technical architecture can apply to our everyday life.
- Luminant’s Monticello Power Plant crews raised more than $1,300 to buy gifts for the Texas Special Children’s Project, an organization serving the special needs children and adults of Texas.
Thank you to everyone who volunteered their time and donated funds to help make the 2015 holiday season a special one for so many.