As the largest power generator in Texas, Luminant is proud to be a leader in providing safe, reliable electricity for a growing state while being thoughtful stewards of our environment and continuing our exemplary record of regulatory compliance.
The latest Luminant Environmental Review highlights the company’s progress in moving Texas toward an even more environmentally sound future, including the following significant environmental accomplishments:
- Increased coal-fueled generation capacity by 37 percent while offsetting 100 percent of key emissions, and reduced the same key emissions from existing units by more than 20 percent from 2005 levels
- Reduced mercury emission rate by 39 percent since 2005 with an additional 60 percent reduction expected by 2020 from nearly $450 million investment
- Reclaimed 75,402 acres in the past 40 years
- Planted 34.8 million trees as part of our ongoing reclamation program
- Recycled 49.1 billion pounds of combustion byproducts from Luminant coal plants to their second life in the roofing, concrete and carpet industries as well as in oil fields and road construction since 1986
For more environmental highlights, read the latest Environmental Review and learn more about Luminant’s legacy of environmental excellence.
News Release TCEH Corp., Parent Company for Luminant and TXU Energy, Emerges from Chapter 11 as a Competitive, Well-Capitalized Company *** Energy Industry Veteran Curt Morgan Formally Named CEO *** Restructuring Eliminates More Than $33 Billion in Debt *** Benefits from Low Leverage Relative to Peer Group *** Company […]
Razen Thomas is proud to be Powering Texas and proud of the hard work and innovation that she sees from her colleagues every day at Oak Grove Power Plant. As support manager, Razen makes sure everyone has the tools, equipment and processes to do their jobs safely and effectively. Watch this month’s Job One Profile […]
An abundance of wildlife, including numerous bald eagles, call Luminant’s sites and reclaimed land home. When Liberty Mine’s resident bald eagle pair returns this fall, they’ll find a few home renovations – most notably, a new nest location. The eagles’ nest was recently moved away from mining activities to a new location on company property […]